mainnav_head
title_homepage
clippings
Tristan (Administrator)
Most realistic CG face i've ever seen!
This CG face is completely believable despite the long ears. I never encountered an cg image that was completely able to fool me. Max Kor did it! He really raised the bar. cgsociety features a tutorial http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=4006
wallpaper.jpg
Lex (Administrator)
RE: Most realistic CG face i've ever seen!
As a follow up - pretty realistic tech demo for the game Heavy Rain (link to video) using actress Aurelie Bancilhon

heavy_rain.jpg
Tristan (Administrator)
RE: Most realistic CG face i've ever seen!
That looked real good. And because it looks so good you definitely entered the uncanny calley. For example the lip sync is absolutely awful and very distracting. However lipsync in games today is not nearly as good but because the rest looks so real it really stands out. I saw still frames from this a while back and it was absolutely realistic but getting the animation just right is as important as the looks.

The nightelf looks perfect but was perfected for that illustration. I know when you would animated most of the believability would be lost.
dreamstime.com
mainnav_head
Terms of Use. Contact us. Free images and Free textures AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Suggestions?