mainnav_head
title_homepage
clippings
Gems or Jewelry
Hello,
I've just joined image after and I am already looking for photos. I need anything having to do with gems or jewelry. I am really onlyl looking for stones and not necklace chains, ring bands and the like. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-NiraLin
Stefan (Administrator)
RE: Gems or Jewelry
Hm..
Do they have to be real (hi there, can i take some pictures of your Diamond Collection? Very Happy ), or will fake do as well? And in addition to that, do they need to be professionally lighted, or will snapshots suffice?
They can be fake or real.... what i am really looking for are the specific cuts, marquee, princess, pear... etc.
snapshots will work but I want to be able to edit them in photoshop. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Stefan (Administrator)
Quote:
snapshots will work but I want to be able to edit them in photoshop.

Edit them like the gem in a cutout (white background), or something else?
I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise anything in this case. I don't believe that fake ones come in that many shapes, so I will have to go after the real thing.
Yes edit them like the gem in a cutout. I know this is a difficult request. I can cut the gems out myself from any background they are on. Colors and sizes don't matter as I will be changing both. Even if you can only find a few cuts that would be great. Anything at all would be great. Thanks again. Very Happy
Stefan (Administrator)
Well, someone got lucky this evening! Very Happy
You've got yourself some (photographs of) jewelry! Diamonds and other gems.

The people of a very nice shop downtown (promised to link, so hereby: http://www.marijkemul.nl) were kind enough to help me out.

Man, those rocks are TINY!!
The camera just barely could focus on them. Also the many facettes gave the autofocus a real hard time, but I - at least I think - managed to get some decent shots for you.

Hope they are what you were looking for:
http://tutorials.imageafter.com/requests/gems

Stefan
gem.jpg
PERFECT!!
This is exactly what I am looking for. Consider this request closed.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Stefan (Administrator)
You're welcome Smile
Tristan (Administrator)
Holy cow! nice work Stefan! We should think up a way to visually integrate the fulfilled request into the forum/thread. Also make sure these end up on the site aswell! sweet stuff! Cool
Stefan (Administrator)
If I would have had a chance to shoot them in the studio (damn those insurance companies Very Happy ) they would have been even better. Thanx for the compliments though - and don't worry, they'll all make it to the site. Allready am compiling new discs to add to the pile.
Can't wait to see the archives of unkeyed images opened up - but I guess I just have to be patient.. Roll Eyes

Oh and NIRA, you will show us the results eh? Smile
I will certainly do that. I honestly didn't expect the request to be filled so quickly and wonderfully. I thought it would take a lot longer than that. I am currently in the middle of another project but as soon as I have results for you I will post them. Thanks again. Very Happy
Try this site, lots of pictures and products to choose from.

Estate Jewelry
http://www.sylviasantiques.com
Stefan (Administrator)
Hi Sylvia,

they are nice productpages, but remember that you can use that kind of pictures only as reference material. Truly using them in your work you'll have to be very carefull with, due to copyright-issues. Blah

Thanx for sharing though!
Stefan (Administrator)
Hi Gelfey, thanks for sharing this link, indeed very nice gems and stones!

But are the images on your site free for public use?
Please help our users by clearifying this, otherwise we might treat this kind of posts as spam..
dreamstime.com
mainnav_head
Terms of Use. Contact us. Free images and Free textures AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Suggestions?