mainnav_head
title_homepage
clippings
Billiard table surface wanted
Hello. First of all I'd like to thank the staff of imageafter for launching and maintaining such a great website!

What I am looking for is a high quality texture of a billiard table surface. Basicly it is some green felt.
I tried making my own one in PS based on some images, but I got stuck in the process. I
have also tried googling for a green felt image, but I couldn't find one that was large enough.

If someone could help me or suggest something it would be awesome. Maybe someone has a photo or a texture that I'm looking for? That could be even better.

Thanks in advance!
Stefan (Administrator)
RE: Billiard table surface wanted
I don't have one lying around yet, but I'll see if I can shoot one for you soon.
How do you want it lighted; not, or spherical?
not would be just fine I guess, thank you in advance!

I have attached an image to my post.
The green color will be replaced with the texutre.
The idea was to model a billiard ball with a cue on a green fest, and add this instead of the green background. But I might edit the texture in photoshop and combine it with the rendered billiard goodies. I am not yet sure which way I'll go. I added the image so you have a basic idea of how it is supposed to look like.

Thanks again.
393_billiard.jpg 393_billiard.jpg
Stefan (Administrator)
Hi Antiggo,

somehow your above message echoed 3 times. Did you click on the 'post reply' button several times?
Anyways, just deleted them.

Got some textures for you though Smile
Haven't laid my hands on a pooltable just yet, but came across some nice felt-samples. They're supposed to be almost the same (as far as I know pooltables have a layer of fine felt).
http://tutorials.imageafter.com/requests/felt

You will just have to recolor it a bit the way you want it - and prolly scale it down a bit.

If this wasn't what you are looking for, I can try to find a real pooltable tomorrow (though I probably won't be in control of the lighting then), or you can check out the following links I found on the net:

http://www.gofar.co.kr/eng/image_sam/non/felt.gif
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/138725

Stefan
Hi Stefan,

I noticed the echoed message, but I thoughts it was some lag on my side. I am not sure if I clicked the button several times, I think I clicked only once. : )

Anyway... Thanks for the felt-samples! They look very good. I think it would be just fine for me. But unfortunately I couldn't load the full-size version of the images. I will try again tomorrow.

If you will have the chance to take a picture, and if it's not too difficult, it would be great as well. But you're right about the lighting. Though having some high-resolution images of a real pooltable could be quite useful.

The links are very nice as well. The size is different from what I need, but I can still use them in some way. Thank you!

Stefan (Administrator)
You are very welcome Smile
The samples still won't open for some reason... Is there some way to fix it? : )
Lex (Administrator)
Stefan - the samples won't open because the links to the images are in lowercase (dscn2740.jpg) while the images themselves are in uppercase (DSCN2740.JPG ) - do you want me to fix them (I don't want to mess with your personal files without your permission)?
Stefan (Administrator)
Oh crap, sorry! Very Happy
Yes, please fix it; i will have a look at it later on - let's see who's first Wink
Lex (Administrator)
Fixed. Nice textures Stefan Smile
Stefan (Administrator)
Heheh, you won Roll Eyes
Thanx though!
Thanks! : )
dreamstime.com
mainnav_head
Terms of Use. Contact us. Free images and Free textures AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Suggestions?